• The seventh-grade volleyball team at Oakridge Middle School has done it again. On Sept. 25, the Lady Golden Eagles fought long and hard to win over Gold Hill Middle. Winning the first and last set, the team stuck together and made excellent passing plays. Helping their team in a big way were Haley Beaudoin and Lena Herold with great passes and Delaini Nagy and Madison Lybrand with excellent serving.
• On Sept. 25, the eighth-grade OMS Lady Golden Eagles defeated Gold Hill Middle in two sets, 25-17 and 25-8. The Lady Eagles dominated from the onset with consistent services from Lilly Wallace, Melia Venezia and Taylor Morneault. In the two sets, Wallace recorded 7 aces, Venezia had 10, and Morneault had six to close out the first set. Wallace also led with seven kills, while Venezia and Kate Spiro chipped in with three apiece. Emily Oliver, DHannah Morrison and Janelle controlled the court with precise passing and setting, while Rylie Warren controlled the net.
The OMS Lady Golden Eagles lost 2 sets to 1 on Sept. 20 to rival Clover 21-25, 25-19, and 14-16. OMS fought hard the entire night and was finally able to work out the kinks that have plagued them all season. Lilly Wallace and Kate Spiro led the attack with Melia Venezia and Rylie Warren fighting hard to maintain the led and steer the comebacks throughout each set. Wallace had four aces and Emily Oliver attacked with consistent serves throughout the games as well.
• On Sept. 20, the Oakridge seventh-grade volleyball team fought hard in a narrow win over cross-town rival Clover Middle. With Brooklyn Thomas and Madison Lybrand leading the way with their serves, Bonnie Lee and the rest of the team backed them up with excellent passing. Despite losing the second set, the team battled back and took the third set which moved the Golden Eagles to a 3-1 record.
OMS sports schedule posted with times at 5 p.m. unless otherwise noted:
Oct. 3, Fort Mill, home
• Oct. 10, Gold Hill, home
• Oct. 17, Clover, away (stadium)
• Oct. 24, conference tournament, home
• Oct. 3, Fort Mill, away
• Oct. 10, Gold Hill, away
• Oct. 17, Clover, home (stadium)
• Oct. 24, conference tournament, away
• Oct. 2, Banks Trail, home
• Oct. 4, Fort Mill, away
• Oct. 6, Bearcat Invitational, Rock Hill HS, time TBA
• Oct. 9, Clover, away
• Oct. 11, Gold Hill, home
• Oct. 15, seventh-grade conference, location and time TBA
• Oct.16, eighth-grade conference, location and time TBA,
• Oct. 17, eighth-grade conference, Fort Mill, time TBA