• The Oakridge Middle School seventh-grade football team fell Oct. 17 to rival Clover by a score of 20-12. The defense played well for most of the game, being led by Cole Woodworth and Roderick Johnson. Scoring for the Golden Eagles were Jackson Watkins and Kendall Strout on passes from Mike Angelou.
• The OMS Lady Golden Eagles seventh-grade volleyball team lost a tough match Oct. 15 to host Dutchman Creek in the playoffs. OMS jumped out to an early 6-0 lead only to lose 25-14 in the first set. After Dutchman Creek scored the first nine of the second set, OMS fought back through the outstanding serving efforts from Anna Transou and Brooklyn Thomas. Madison Lybrand controlled the net play with precise passing and great setting to her team mates. The ladies had a good season finishing 8-8 overall.
• The OMS Lady Golden Eagles eighth-grade volleyball team won their first round match Oct. 16 against Sullivan in two sets by scores of 25-10 and 25-13. The Lady Eagles were led by the outstanding net play of Kate Spiro and the attacking and hitting of Lilly Wallace and Emily Oliver. Melia Venezia and Chloe Crank showed consistent serving while Janelle Taliaferro and Hannah Morrison controlled the middle. In the second round, OMS faced host Clover, dropping both sets to a very talented Blue Eagle Squad, 25-14 and 25-17. OMS was led by Wallace who had four aces in the sets. Oliver and Spiro played well along with all the ladies. OMS ends its season with 8 wins after starting out 0-5.
• Oct. 24, conference tournament, home
Cheerleading coach: Robin Deyton and Jessica Kimbro
• Oct. 24, conference tournament, away