CLOVER — Separate awards ceremonies for athletes have become a source of pride at Clover High School. Such was the case during the fall sports awards ceremonies honoring student athletes, according to athletic director Carroll Hester.
“Having separate awards ceremonies continues to be well received by players, coaches and parents,” said Hester. “There’s more time to recognize the student-athletes for their accomplishments.
“We will continue to have separate gatherings because of the positive response.”
While the student-athletes are recognized for their success in the field of competition, Hester said classroom performance continues to be a point of emphasis.
“Almost all of our players on several teams received academic certificates,” he noted. “Academic achievement continues to be a source of pride.”
The following CHS athletes were recognized during well-attended fall awards outings for each fall sport:
• Varsity swimming: High Point Scorers, Garrett Hills, boys, Morgan Rulevich, girls; Most Improved Swimmer, Charles Graham, boys, Olivia Armstrong, girls; Eagle Award, Braxton Shuler, boys, Nicole Elmiger, girls; Tenacity Award, Kenny Graham.
• Jayvee swimming: Most Improved Male Swimmer, Grant Barrett; Most Improved Female Swimmer, Payton Jubenville; Blue Eagle Award boys, Will Carpenter; girls, Delaney Zieverink.
• Tennis: Most Valuable Player, Kate Stewart; Lady Eagle Award, Caroline Hester; Most Improved, Harriett Hall; Ace Award, Elizabeth Edmunds; Jayvee Most Improved, Anna Drechsler.
• Cross country boys: Most Valuable, Alex Wilson; Blue Eagle Award, Devin Archer, Jason Witry; Coaches Award, Jacob Brumble, Eric Scott; Most Improved, Jason Greene.
• Cross country girls: Most Valuable, Rachel Capps; Coaches Award, Brenna Hunter; Blue Eagle Award, Brittany Traw; Most Improved, Emily Sparrow, Valerie Glankler.
• Golf: MVP, lowest stroke average, Jordie Sowell and Addison Sanford tied at 44; Coaches Award, Lauren Ashley Shillinglaw; Most Improved, Chelsea Carpenter.
• Varsity volleyball: Most Valuable Player, Haley Hendry; Most Improved Player, Savanah Rosario; Blue Eagle Award, Lauren Richardson; Best Defensive Player, Blake Walleert.
• Jayvee volleyball: Most Improved Player, Logan Richardson; Most Valuable Player, Ryehia Robbins; Blue Eagle Award, MacKenzie Tennant.
• Varsity football: True Blue Eagle Effort and Attitude Award, Jevon Blake, Trent Hartis, DeForrest McCombs, Jakob Morrison, Ryan Freddell, Ben Forbes.
• Jayvee football: True Blue Eagle Effort and Attitude Award, Brett Blackwood, Gavin Jenkins.