• On Jan. 22, Oakridge Middle School wrestling team completed its duals schedule with a 72-12 victory over Clover Middle School. Winning for the Golden Eagles were: Bent Prikker, pin first period; Austin Oldenburg, pin first period; Austin Malcolm, pin first period; and William Emory, pin first period.
Winning by forfeit for OMS were: Owen Johnson, Conner Owen, Alex Mora, Wyatt Emory, Hunter Vowell, Timmy Parker, Clint Jenkins, Kenshu Her.
• The seventh-grade OMS girls basketball team struggled at Clover High School, losing 14-11, to rival Clover Middle School. The Golden Eagles played spectacular defense throughout the contest, but were unable to score well.The team created 31 turnovers.
• The seventh-grade boys beat rivals Clover on Jan. 24 by a score of 51-12. After a slow first quarter, the team turned up the pressure and cruised to an easy win. OMS finished the season 7-4. The team was led Andrew White with 20 points, 18 rebounds, 4 steals, and 3 assists. Donovan Olivieri added 12 points and 4 rebounds. Austin Gunnels had 7 points, 2 steals and 2 rebounds. Also contributing were: Jackson Watkins, 2 assists; Luke Darling, 3 points, 2 steals; Alex Raine, 1 point, 4 rebounds; David Saleeba, 2 points, 1 steal, 1 assist; Colby Ratliff, 2 points ,2 rebounds; Will Griffith, 2 steals, 2 rebounds; and Hunter Walden, 4 points.
• On Jan. 24, the eighth-grade girls team Jan. 24 defeated crosstown rival Clover 32-5. The Lady Golden Eagles played suffocating defense all night, giving up only one field goal the entire basketball game. Leading the way on offense was Taylor Morneault with 18 points and 7 steals. Lilly Wallace turned in a solid game scoring 8 points and grabbing 10 boards. Also scoring for OMS were J oelle Keffer, Chloe Crank and Erika Drutis. The Lady Eagles begin their playoff push starting Wednesday, Jan. 30, when they host the No. 5 seed from the Western Division at 5 p.m.
• On Jan. 24, the eighth-grade OMS boys team finished off the regular season with a victory over Clover with a final score of 34 to 29. The first half of the game was back and forth between the two teams. Parker Largen and Wade Summer picked up 2 fouls each early in the game, and Joe Glover and Ashanti Long played well in their absence. Going into halftime, the score was Oakridge 14, Clover 10. The third quarter has been the toughest lately for Oakridge, but in this game it proved to be the difference. Coming out strong, the Golden Eagles were able to jump the passing lanes and convert a lot of their steals into easy buckets at the other end of the floor. Going into the final period, Oakridge was leading Clover 26 to 14.
• Clover wasn’t going to go away easily though. In the fourth quarter, the Blue Eagles forced a few steals of their own and hit some big shots at clutch moments. Oakridge was able to stay composed and moved the ball well and countered with some big shots of their own. Clover outscored Oakridge 15 to 8 in the final period, but it wasn’t enough, and Oakridge held on with a 5 point victory. Scoring for the Golden Eagles: Cole Hybargar, 17 points, 9 rebounds, 2 steals; Wally Wilmore, 8 points, 3 steals, 2 assists; Parker Largen, 4 points; Joe Glover, 2 points; Ashanti Long and Matt Ringler, 1 point, 2 steals each; and Wade Summer, 1 point. With their 10th straight win, Oakridge became the Eastern Division Champions with a regular season record of 10 wins and 1 loss. Going into the postseason, the Golden Eagles will be the No. 1 team out of the East, and will host a game at 5 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 31.