LAKE WYLIE The Thursday Night Tournament Trail is hosting the third annual Fishing for a Cure Breast Cancer Awareness fishing tournament from 6:30 p.m. to 2 a.m. Friday, April 5.
This tournament raises money for the western York County Relay For Life Breast Cancer Awareness.
The team captains are Stamie Hersheyman, Connie Garvin, Clair Britt and Elizabeth Scheafer. The tournament is open to everyone.
Entry fee costs $75 with $25 going to the charity and $50 to the purse. There will be a $10 Big Fish option.
For more information, call 704-617-0247 or visit lwtt.org.
In-Water show set
CHARLESTON The South Carolina Marine Association will host the annual In-Water Boat Show April 12-14 at Daniel Island’s Waterfront Park in Charleston.
There will be boats in the water, boats on land, watercraft of all dimensions, marine education and safety exhibits, children’s activities and entertainment.
For information, visit scinwaterboatshow.com and scmarine.org.
Safe boating courses planned
LAKE WYLIE Charlotte Power Squadron will hold safe boating classes from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. April 13 and May 11 at Lake Wylie Marina.
Cost is $40 for materials. For more information, call 704-365-5508 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catfish Club tourney continues
The Catawba Catfish Club’s 2012-13 tournaments schedule continues:
• April 13, Lake Monticello, Hwy. 99 Access
• Championship event for Catawba Catfish Club, May 4-5, Lake Wylie, Ebenezer Park.
For more information, visit catawbacatfishclub.com.
DNR adds dates to fishing rodeos
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources continues to add dates to a series of free outdoor family events around the state. Youth ages 6-15 are encouraged to sign up for a fishing rodeo with specific times for most events to be determined.
Youth ages 6-15 must be accompanied by an adult, and no adult fishing will be allowed. Registration is required. Visit dnr.sc.gov or call 803-737-8483.
Additional dates are:
• April 13, 8 a.m. to noon - The Ponds Fishing Rodeo (Dorchester County)
• April 27, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Blue Heron Nature Center (Jasper County)
• May 11, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Goose Creek Fishing Rodeo (Berkeley County)
Previously announced dates are:
• May 4, 9 a.m. to noon, Star Fort Pond (Greenwood County)
• May 4, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sunrise Lake (Lancaster County)
• May 11, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Draper WMA (York County)
• May 11, 9 a.m. to 1p.m., Jimmy Shay Memorial Fishing Rodeo at Lick Fork Lake (Edgefield County)
• May 18, 8 a.m. to noon, Barnwell County
• May 18, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Darlington County (Rancho Road, Hartsville)
• May 18, 8 a.m. to noon, Foster Park Lake (Union County)
• May 18, 9 a.m. to noon, Piedmont Tree Nursery (Tamassee)
• June 1, 8 a.m. to noon, Chattooga River at Burrells Ford
Conservation workshop set
YORK COUNTY The York Soil & Water Conservation District will provide a full scholarship for a York County student to attend the 2013 South Carolina Conservation Districts Youth Workshop June 24-28 at Lander University in Greenwood.
This is an opportunity for students to study the environment. Also included is instruction by trained professionals in outdoor recreation such as canoeing and kayaking. Students in ninth-12th grades are eligible to attend.
Applications must be received in the Conservation District office by April 19. Call 803-684-3137, ext. 101, or email email@example.com .
Covekeepers meet at T-Bones
LAKE WYLIE The Covekeepers, volunteers who work with Catawba Riverkeeper, meet the second Wednesday of the month at 7 p.m. at T-Bones on the Lake.
The public is invited. For more information or to report water issue concerns, visit catawbariverkeeper.org.
Marine group meets monthly
LAKE WYLIE Lake Wylie Marine Commission’s meets at 7 p.m. the fourth Monday of the month at various locations in York, Gaston and Mecklenburg counties.
The public is invited. For more information and meeting location, visit lakewyliemarinecommission.com.
Email fishing and boating news to firstname.lastname@example.org.