CLOVER — Each school in the Clover School District has selected its 2012-2013 Teacher of the Year. The 10 educators, who have a combined 98 years of teaching experience in Clover and 159 years in education overall, will be recognized at a banquet on May 8 at The Palisades Country Club.
• Bethany Elementary: Sandra Laird, first grade, eight years in Clover.
• Bethel Elementary: Monica Roveri, media specialist, four years in Clover.
• Blue Eagle Academy: Mandy Combs, fifth grade, 14 years in Clover.
• Clover High: Christy Wilson, family and consumer science, 15 years in Clover.
• Clover Middle: Connie Carnes, SOAR, six years in Clover.
• Crowders Creek Elementary: Logan Cato, third grade, five years in Clover.
• Griggs Road Elementary: Samantha McCarter, second grade, five years in Clover.
• Kinard Elementary School: Cathy Lowman, art, 33 years in Clover.
• Larne Elementary School: Amy Brewer, special education, 17 years in Clover.
• Oakridge Middle School: Kathy Corbiere, media specialist, two years in Clover.
Each school teacher of the year now enters into an evaluation process in which a team of judges, including community representatives, will select the 2013 District Teacher of the Year. Announced as part of the district convocation in August, the District Teacher of the Year will have the opportunity to participate in professional development programs as part of the South Carolina Teacher Forum led by the Center for Educator Recruitment, Retention and Advancement.
Each district teacher of the year will compete to be selected as the 2014 South Carolina Teacher of the Year, representing more than 50,000 educators in the Palmetto State.