CLOVER FBLA members from Clover High School traveled to the State Leadership Conference at the North Charleston Convention Center April 12 and 13.
Eleven members of the group will be traveling to Anaheim, Calif., in June to further compete in nationals. Junior Jodi Croat was also elected S.C. State Vice President for District I FBLA and she also will go to California in June.
The students who participated included:
• First place, Marketing: Samantha Rich and Caroline Hester
• First place, Web Page Design: Avery Lane and Olivia Smithson
• First place, Computer Game Simulation: Mark Boyd and Cullen Glankler
• First place, Networking Concepts: Drew Gray
• Second place, Entrepreneurship: Braxton Shuler and CJ Dellinger
• Third place, Entrepreneurship: Sidney Foster, Courtney Conger and Kim Arjune
• Third place, Computer Problem Solving: Julian Hegemann
• Third place, Sports Management: Devin Archer
• Fourth place, Marketing: David Cole and Zane Hernandez
• Fifth place, Global Business: Charles Graham and Will Whisenant
• Fifth place, Economics: Jodi Croat
Choraliers to present Candlelight Classics
CLOVER The Clover High School Choraliers will present its Candlelight Classics concerts on Thursday, May 16, and Friday, May 17, at First Presbyterian Church, 1621 E. Garrison Blvd., Gastonia, N.C.
Tickets are now on sale. A limited number of tickets are available. Tickets are $10 and both concerts are at 8 p.m.
For details, email email@example.com or call 803-327-1768
Service scholarship applications accepted
LAKE WYLIE Lake Wylie Rotary Club is accepting applications for the “Spirit of Service” Scholarship Award to recognize high school seniors in the Clover School District who have demonstrated exceptional commitment to community service through hours of volunteering and dedication to their chosen service. Top award is $2,000.
Graduating seniors who live in the Clover School District, regardless of whether they attend Clover High, a private school or are homeschooled are eligible. Students must be nominated by an adult, not a peer or family member.
A Rotary club selection committee will choose the finalists.
The top applicants will be invited to present a 5- to 7-minute information session to the Rotary club about their volunteer work, and why they chose to commit their time to these efforts.
Nomination forms are available online at LakeWylieRotary.org, Good Samaritan United Methodist Church and Clover High School guidance department. Deadline to apply is April 30. Applications may be dropped off at the church office or mailed to: Scholarship Committee Lake Wylie Rotary Club, Good Samaritan United Methodist Church, P.O. Box 5082, 5220 Crowders Cove Lane, Lake Wylie, SC 29710.
Finalists will be notified by May 4 and invited to give their presentations May 19.