LAKE WYLIE — The 2013 Thursday Night Tournament Trail is under way.
“It was Thursday night and the rains came. I can’t help but wonder if we move the Thursday nights to Tuesday nights, would it rain on Tuesday nights,” said trail co-organizer Erwin Gaston of the April 11 tournament on Lake Wylie.
“The weather was stormy but it was warm,” he said. “We had 25 boats turn out for the second tournament of the year.”
“The team of Mike Alman and Keith Porter were able the find the larger bass and weighed in a 17.83-pound bag. Congratulations to them with the win,” Gaston said.
Brandon and Austin Chandler took second place, with 16.72 pounds.
The Thursday Night Tournament Trail launches every Thursday evening, with sign-up from 5:30 to 6:20 p.m., at Buster Boyd Access Area through August. Visit lwtt.org for information.
TNTT results: April 11
1. Mike Alman / Keith Poole 17.83
2. Brandon Chandler / Austin Chandler 16.72
3. Robert Fowler / Steve Whiteside Jr 15.32
4. Dave Snearly / Josh Featherstone 14.48
5. Michael McDuffee / Casey West 13.53
6. Mark Leech / Anthony Leech 13.41
7. George Bauchen / Ed Parker 13.34
8. Mike Stephens / Hunter Hicks 12.91
9. Newie Kaperseuth 12.88
10. Nathane Williams / Johnny Wines 12.03
Big fish: Mike Alman / Keith Poole 5.88