LAKE WYLIE — Hunter Hicks of Charlotte weighed a five-bass limit totaling 17 pounds, 4 ounces May 4 to win the Walmart Bass Fishing League North Carolina Division event on Lake Wylie.
Hicks won with 17 pounds, 4 ounces to earn $3,553.
According to FLW tournament reports, Hicks was fishing mid-lake targeting shallow points with a spinnerbait.
Rounding out the top 10 pros were:
• Second: Zack Davis, Tega Cay, five bass, 15-14, $1,777
• Third: Shane Lehew, Charlotte, five bass, 15-2, $1,185 plus $300 Evinrude bonus
• Fourth: Roger Pope, Statesville, N.C., five bass, 14-15, $829
• Fifth: Scott Beattie, Lincolnton, N.C. five bass, 14-4, $711 plus $300 Evinrude bonus
• Sixth: Phillip Burke, York, five bass, 14-3, $651
• Seventh: Klaus Hadschin, Granite Falls, N.C., five bass, 13-14, $592
• Eighth: Parks Jones Jr., York, five bass, 13-8, $503
• Eighth: Michael Webster, Gastonia, N.C., five bass, 13-8, $503
• Tenth: Scott Hamrick, Denver, N.C., five bass, 13-4, $415
Michael Cox of Selma, N.C., weighed five bass totaling 12 pounds, 14 ounces to win the co-angler division. Cox earned $1,777 for his victory.
Rounding out the top 10 co-anglers were:
• Second: Tim Cales, Sandstone, W. Va., five bass, 12-7, $888
• Third: Ricky Byrd, Independence, Va., five bass, 12-0, $592
• Fourth: Hunter Harwell, Hickory, N.C., five bass, 11-11, $415
• Fifth: Will White, Raleigh, N.C., four bass, 11-5, $355
• Sixth: Micheal Fickel, Wendell, N.C., five bass, 11-1, $326
• Seventh: Steve Cannon, Wilkesboro, N.C., five bass, 10-12, $296
• Eighth: Curtis Sims, Woolwine, Va., five bass, 10-11, $267
• Ninth: Dale Surrett, Midland, five bass, 10-5, $237
• Tenth: Stanley Carper, Winfield, W.Va., four bass, 9-9, $207
The next BFL North Carolina Division tournament is scheduled for June 22 on Kerr Lake in Henderson, N.C. After the last divisional tournament is complete, the top 40 boaters and 40 co-anglers based on point standings will qualify for the Oct. 10-12 Regional Championship on Lake Lanier in Gainesville, Ga. Boaters will compete for a top award of a Ranger Z518 with a 200-horsepower Evinrude or Mercury outboard and a Chevy Silverado, while co-anglers will fish for a new Ranger Z518 with a 200-horsepower Evinrude or Mercury outboard.
For complete results or more information, visit FLWOutdoors.com.