LAKE WYLIE — High waters change course for tournament anglers May 9 on Lake Wylie.
“Thursday night was an obstacle course trying to maneuver around the floating debris,” said co-organizer Erwin Gaston of the weekly Thursday Night Tournament Trail on Lake Wylie. “You could literally fish around boat docks and matted grass in the middle of the lake.”
Casey West and John Eisenhour were able to maneuver around enough debris and find 15.88 pounds to take the win out of 33 boats.
Second place went to the brothers Ron and Roger Farrow. They brought in five bass that weighed in at 14.40 pounds.
All bass anglers are invited to fish the Thursday Night Tournament Trail with sign up from 5:30 to 6:20 p.m. every Thursday at Buster Boyd Access Area. Weigh-in begins at 11 p.m.
Trail sponsors are Greene’s Boat and Motor, Academy Sports, The Great Outdoors, Koyote Tackle, True South Custom Lures and A-1 Adams Bonds Agency. For entry fees and more information, visit lwtt.org.
TNTT results: May 9
1. Casey West/John Eisenhour, 15.88
2. Ron Farrow/Roger Farrow, 14.40
3. Brandon Chandler/Shawn Wallace, 11.23
4. Jeremy Cabe/Erwin Gaston, 10.78
5. Todd Sosebee/Isiacc Sosebee, 10.41
6. David Winters/Russ Winters, 9.80
7. George Baucom, 9.28
8. Robby Digh/Bob Furstenburg, 8.92
9. Dale Surrett/Lee Endicott, 8.51
10. Roger Milan/Matthew Forester, 8.40
11. Steven Helms/Patrick Helms, 5.82
12. Mike Smith, 4.54
13. Matt Queen/Adam Filmore, 4.09
Big fish: Steven Helms/Patrick Helms, 4.15