CLOVER The York County Council on Aging is in need of volunteers to deliver meals to frail, homebound seniors in Clover. Delivery takes about an hour and can be done over a lunch hour or around that time.
To volunteer, call Clover Mill Senior Center at 803-222-9286 between 8:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Speed limit changes planned in Clover
CLOVER Speed limit changes are planned in the Clover area, after traffic engineers with the S.C. Department of Transportation completed a speed study on U.S. 321 north of Clover to the state line.
Using engineering judgment and radar studies information, they have decided to adjust the speed limit as follows:
• Increase the speed limit to 45 mph at around Mountain View Street (Clover Motel) northbound
• Decrease the speed limit to 50 mph where it is 55 mph just north of Old Carriage Road and continue 50 mph to just before Bowling Green in the area of Flatstone Drive.
• Increase the speed limit to 45 mph just before Flatstone Drive in Bowling Green and continue 45 mph to the North Carolina state line.
• The southbound speed zones will match the above mentioned northbound changes.
The York S.C. DOT maintenance office will make the changes as soon as their schedule allows. No date change will be announced.
Blood drives set in county
YORK COUNTY Community Blood Center of the Carolinas announces the following blood drives:
• June 15, 4-8 p.m., Charlotte Knights, 2280 Deerfield Drive, Fort Mill. Free game ticket for all donors.
• June 16, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Jeffrey Scott Student Drive, 2955 W. Hwy. 160, Fort Mill.
• June 20, 1-4 p.m., Uni Health of Rock Hill, 261 S. Herlong Ave., Rock Hill.
• June 22, 3-7 p.m., Regal Manchester Stadium, 1935 Cinema Drive, Rock Hill. Free movie ticket for all donors.
• June 22, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Agape International Ministries, 135 S. Oakland Ave., Rock Hill.
• June 23, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Fort Mill Church of God, 221 Academy St., Fort Mill.
• June 25, 1-7 p.m., Piedmont Medical Center, 222 S. Herlong Ave., Rock Hill.
For blood donation information, call 704-972-4700 or visit carolinadonor.org.
Donations needed for lake fireworks
LAKE WYLIE Donations needed for the Lake Wylie Community Fourth of July Fireworks to be held at dusk July 4, launching from YMCA Camp Thunderbird. The fireworks display is funded solely through community donations.
Contributions may be mailed to Camp Thunderbird Fireworks Fund, 1 Thunderbird Lane, Lake Wylie, SC 29710.