LAKE WYLIE — Some fishermen aren’t scared away by stormy weather.
“When the weather man is predicting stormy weather, the fishing crowd grows small,” said Erwin Gaston about the June 6 Thursday Night Tournament Trail turnout. “It turned out to be a good night of fishing, and a few of the guys were able to find the bigger fish.”
In a field of 27 boats, Gray Bennett won with a 14.50-pound bag, enough to hold off second-place finishers Drew McClure and Reid McGinn.
The trail continues Thursdays at Buster Boyd Access Area with sign up starting at 5:15 p.m. and blast off at 6:30 p.m.
Trail sponsors are Greene’s Boat and Motor, Academy Sports, The Great Outdoors, A-1 Adams Bonds Agency, Koyote Tackle, True South Custom Lures, and Lake Wylie Bait and Tackle.
For more information, visit lwtt.org.
TNTT results: June 6
1. Gray Bennett, 14.50
2. Drew McClure/Reid McGian, 13.89
3. Conrad Pogorzelski/Billy Wolf, 13.27
4. David Quinn/Blake West,12.63
5. Brian Holder, 11.493
6. Russ Winters/David Winters, 10.57
7. Ed Parker/George Bauchem, 10.53
8. Dave Snearly/Josh Featherstone, 10.31
9. Brandon Chandler/Brett Chandler, 10.12
10. Tom Perry/Mike Perry, 10.03
11. Mark Humphries, 9.41
12. Mike Smith, 8.75
13. Allan Shad/Ken Moore, 8.62
14. Patrick McSwain/Derek Abernathy, 7.85
15. Adam Filmore/Matt Queen, 6.62
Big fish: Brian Holder, 5.13