Diane Marsilio said, “What an unexpected surprise to uncover the nesting spot of blue herons on our evening kayak paddle. There was a grouping of at least 10 nests high up in the treetops, with long-necked birds perched in each one. It was fascinating to watch them.” The nests are on the point of Island Forks Road, she said.
- Fishing & Boating
- Thursday Night fishing trail sees 51 boats, big pounds at April 17 tourney
- USC Bass Open April 26 on Lake Wylie
- Get the Net team wins Lake Wylie catfish tourney with just over 84 pounds
- What’s biting this week?
- McClatchy cartoons for the week of 4/20/14
- Fort Mill’s beauty is fading fast
- Watchdog residents deserve public officials’ respect
- UNESCO and Bill Gates’ vision for America’s education explained
- Local Deals