LAKE WYLIE — Muddy water turns out good for anglers.
“This week, the fishing was a little better because of the stained water from the rains we had,” said Erwin Gaston about the Aug. 1 Thursday Night Tournament Trail he co-organizes with Jeremy Cabe.
Lee Endicott and Josh Morton beat out 35 other teams to take the win with 14.71 pounds. The second-place team of Matt Queen and Lake Wylie Bait and Tackle owner Adam Filmore with 14.51 pounds.
“If you like to fish and you are not fishing the with us on Thursday night, you are missing out on a fun tournament,” Gaston said. “We are into the final month with [a few more] more tournaments to go before the championship.”
The trail continues Thursdays at Buster Boyd Access Area with signup starting at 5:15 p.m. and blast off at 6:30 p.m. through Aug. 29. The two-day championship tournament will be held Sept. 6-7. For more information and tournament results, visit lwtt.org.
Sponsors for the Thursday Night Tournament Trail are Greene’s Boat and Motor, Academy Sports, Kangaroo Express, A-1 Adams Bonds Agency, Koyote Tackle, True South Custom Lures, and Lake Wylie Bait and Tackle.
TNTT results: Aug. 1
1. Lee Endicott/Josh Morton, 14.71
2. Matt Queen/Adam Filmore, 14.51
3. Todd Garner/Shane Hartman, 14.28
4. Josh Featherstone/Dave Snearly, 14.06
5. Rick Carson/James Clemmons, 12.45
6. Mark Humphries/Josh Warren, 11.44
7. Steve Addington, 11.32
8. Trever Parker/Alex Metts, 9.71
9. Mike Perry/Matt Sztyber, 9.66
10. Jay Adams, 9.66
11. Ed Parker/George Bauchem, 9.61
12. Russ and Dave Winters, 8.43
13. Rob Johnson/Gene Sparks, 7.93
14. Mike Stone/Derek Lilly, 7.16
15. Patrick McSwain/Derek Abernathy, 6.90
16. Billy Hollyfield/Todd Lowe, 5.08
17. Conrad Pogerzelski, 4.17
Big fish: Rick Carson/James Clemmons, 4.58