LAKE WYLIE — There is a saying “100 percent of the fish are in 10 percent of the lake.”
“Most of us can’t seem to find that 10 percent,” said Erwin Gaston, co-organizer of Thursday Night Tournament Trail on Lake Wylie. “Rick Carson and James Clemmons are not having any problem finding the fish.”
Gaston said the duo brought in five fish weighing in at 13.90 pounds to take the win at the Aug. 22 tournament. Second place went to Jay Adams and Glen Sparrow with a weigh of 12.52 pounds and the big fish at 5.41 pounds. There was a field of 34 boats.
Thursday Night Tournament Trail’s final event is tonight, Aug. 29. The fish off will be held Friday-Saturday, Sept. 6-7, at Buster Boyd Access Area.
Sponsors for the trail are Greene’s Boat and Motor, Academy Sports, Kangaroo Express, A-1 Adams Bonds Agency, Koyote Tackle, True South Custom Lures, and Lake Wylie Bait and Tackle.
For more information, visit lwtt.org.
TNTT results: Aug. 22
1. Rick Carson/James Clemmons, 13.9
2. Jay Adams/Glen Sparrow, 12.52
3. Mike Perry/Matt Szeyber, 11.9
4. Ron Farrow/Roger Farrow, 9.61
5. Alan Shad, 9.08
6. Matt Queen/Adam Philmore, 8.88
7. Gray Bennett, 8.43
8. Pat McSwain/Derek Abernathy, 7.77
9. Charles Bridges/Gerald Bridges, 7.54
10. Dale Surrett/Kevin Thomas, 7.03
11. Donald Black/Wayne Smith, 7.03
12. Daivd Quinn/Casey West, 6.76
13. John Maurer/TJ Grieves, 5.67
Big fish: Jay Adams/Glen Sparrow, 5.41