GREAT FALLS — York County farmers and ranchers are eligible for USDA assistance as a result of a U.S. Department of Agriculture disaster designation declared for all counties in South Carolina, said Anita Jones of the York Farm Service Agency.
The disaster designation is a result of losses caused by excessive rain that occurred from March 1 on. The decision makes all qualified farm operators in the designated areas eligible for low-interest emergency loans from USDA’s Farm Service Agency.
All qualified farm operators are eligible for emergency loans, provided they meet eligibility requirements. Farmers have eight months from the date of the declaration to apply for loans to help cover part of their actual losses. The Farm Service Agency will consider each loan application on its own merits, taking into account the extent of losses, security available and repayment ability. the Farm Service Agency has a variety of programs, in addition to the emergency loan program, to help eligible farmers recover from adversity.
USDA has also made other programs available to assist farmers and ranchers, including the Emergency Conservation Program, Federal Crop Insurance and the Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program.
• TG&R Landscape Group of Rock Hill is one of twelve national finalists in Total Landscape Care magazine’s Landscaper of the Year contest presented by Case Construction Equipment. TG&R Landscape Group has been serving the greater Charlotte area since 1991. Owner Scott Reister is a professional landscape architect with more than 20 years of experience in landscape architecture, design and construction. The overall winner will be selected from the finalists.
• Drew Jackson, visual communications expert at Fastsigns of Rock Hill, was recognized with the bronze sales award at the 2013 Fastsigns Outside Sales Summit recently held in Dallas.
• The Rock Hill/York County Convention and Visitors Bureau recently completed the production of its newest editions of the York County Visitor Guide and the Meeting Facilities Guide. The Visitor Guide is an annual publication that gives visitors information about York County. Information provided in the 72-page guide includes “must see” attractions, lodging, shopping and dining, important visitor information, calendar of major events, and coupons. It also introduces York County’s newest attractions that debuted since the last edition came out in 2012.
The newest edition of the Meeting Facilities Guide has information to help corporate businesses and those planning meetings in York County. The guide features York County’s meeting locations, as well as non-traditional meeting sites. The Meeting Facilities Guide highlights hotels with large and small meeting space, historic, recreational and unique meeting venues. The guide also has information on the services the convention and visitors bureau can provide to anyone planning a meeting locally.
For information on the guides call Sonja Burris or Rebekah Ardis at 803-329-5200.
• Duane Francis Christopher of Duane Design of Rock Hill has been elected president-elect of the state chapter of Landscape Architects this past month.
His term begins at the ASLA national meeting in Boston on Nov. 15 and is for one year. At that time Christopher will leave his present position of treasurer on the executive board where he has been for the past four years.
Christopher has been practicing landscape architecture since 1981.
Jon Mullins, owner of Hanna Services, 513 Chester Avenue, recently added U-Haul truck and trailer rentals to the auto repair business he has been operating since 2004.
For information call 803-482-6153.Business hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday 8:30 a.m. to noon.
• Founders Federal Credit Union is offering a Loyalty Dividend to its members. The more Founders products and services a member uses the grater the dividend.
Bruce Brumfield, president and CEO of Founders, said that Loyalty Dividend is a way to give back to the credit union’s members. “When we say we value our members, we don’t just say it, we put our money where our mouth is,” he said.
For information on how to qualify for the Loyalty Dividend or become a Founders member go to RelaxLoyaltyPays.com or call 1-800-845-1614.
• Steve Jewell has been named the executive director of Park Pointe Village, an ACTS retirement-life community in Rock Hill. Park Pointe Jewell most recently served as the inaugural executive director at Kendal at Lexington in Lexington, Va. Jewell has a master's degree in healthcare administration from the Medical College of Virginia,
MONDAY – Buddy Byrum, vice president of product & channel management at 3D Systems Corporation, will address the student body of the G overnor's School for Science and Mathematics in Hartsville at 4 p.m. Monday as part of the school's SmartChat Speaker Series. Headquartered in Rock Hill, SC, 3D Systems is a global, integrated solutions 3D printing company specializing in 3D printers, print materials, professional and consumer custom-parts services and 3D imaging and customization software.
THURSDAY – Springs Creative and Founders Federal Credit Union are co-hosting the York County Regional Chamber’s Business After Hours from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.. The event will be held at 300 Chatham Ave. in Rock Hill.
National Child Passenger Safety Week is September 15-21. Safe Kids York County is holding a CPS class in Clover September 19-20 and on Sept. 21 from 10-2 we will be conducting a free car seat check at Fred Caldwell Chevrolet in Clover. We will also be conducting a free Safety Clinic where Cub Scouts can earn a patch
FRIDAY – Wells Fargo Bank and W inthrop University’s College of Business Administration will host their annual Economic Forecast Breakfast 7:30 p.m. on Friday at the Jerry Richardson Ballroom in the DiGiorgio Campus Center..
Mark Vitner, managing director and senior economist for Wells Fargo Securities is the speaker. The breakfast is free and open to the regional business community.
Reservations are due by Monday. Call 803-323-2504 or by e-mailing Page Bowden, external director of the College of Business Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org. To register online, go to www.economicforecastbreakfast2013.eventbright.com.
National Child Passenger Safety Week is Monday through Saturday. Safe Kids York County is holding a certified passenger safety technician class at the Clover Community Center in Clover Thursday and Friday. On Saturday there will be conducting a free car seat check at Fred Caldwell Chevrolet in Clover. There will also be a free safety clinic where Cub Scouts can earn a patch