• The seventh-grade Oakridge Lady Golden Eagles on Oct. 1 swept Fort Mill Middle School winning two games, 25-13 and 25-17. Their victory can be attributed to excellent serving by Maddy McMullen, who served 7 points in the first game, and Adrienne Ehrnschwender, who served 15 points in a row.
• The eighth-grade Lady Golden Eagles soared above Fort Mill winning the first two sets, 25-14 and 25-17. The girls played well as a team, out playing Fort Mill all around. Brooklyn Thomas led the team at the net with blocks and kills, while Anna Transou, Bonnie Lee and Savannah Bryant completed several strong hits.
Both teams have a record of 5 wins and 1 loss.
• The seventh-grade volleyball team defeated York Middle School Oct. 3 in two sets at 25-4 and 25-20. Adrienne Ehrnschwender set a personal record of 22 consecutive points off her serve in the first game. Shia Jones stepped up and played setter in the second game, making some excellent plays on the ball and assisting for the hit.
• The eighth-grade Lady Golden Eagles won their match over York Middle on Oct. 3 in two sets, 25-14 and 25-16. Brooklyn Thomas led the team in serves, serving 15 consecutive serves in a row in the first set. The entire team contributed to the win.
• The seventh-grade OMS football team lost Oct. 2 to Banks Trail 30-14. Scoring for OMS were Chance Woodworth on 24-yard pass from Blake Keffer and Wade Birkenbach on 26-yard run. Dalton Douglas scored the two-point conversion. Drew Brightman and Alex McCloud blocked well on tackle trap to open a big hole for several long runs. Brightman also had an interception to stop a Banks Trail drive.
• The eighth-grade team lost Oct. 2 to Banks Trail 26-14. The defense didn’t give up many big plays, but the Banks Trail offense proved to be too strong. Defensively, Connor Owens had a great diving interception in the second quarter. Will Griffith was all over the field making plays. Ethan Armstrong gave great effort at the linebacker position. The offense looked great despite losing the football on a few fumbles throughout the game. Landon Albrick got most of the carries on the night and ran the ball well. Austin Gunnels and Will Griffith also had great runs. Garrett Lutz, Mac McGarity, Jon Herberger, Noah Lalli, Peyton Webster, Jordan Sebert, Alex Raine and Cole Woodworth earned praise from the head varsity football coach, Coach Smith, who said their blocking looked great. Austin Gunnels scored on a 20-yard run in the second quarter, and Landon Albrick punched in the 2-point conversion. The other Golden Eagles touchdown was scored late in the fourth quarter when Mikey Angelou found Cole Woodworth in the end zone on a 15-yard pass.
Oakridge Middle School posts the fall sports schedule with games starting at 5 p.m. unless otherwise noted:
• Oct. 9, Fort Mill, away
• Oct. 16, Gold Hill, away
• Oct. 23, Clover, home (stadium)
• Oct. 30, Conference Tournament, away
Head coach: Dan Kozlowski.
Assistant coaches: Craig Elliott, Daniel Beels.
• Oct. 9, Fort Mill, home
• Oct. 16, Gold Hill, home
• Oct. 23, Clover, away
• Oct. 30, Conference Tournament, home
Head coach: Charles Greene.
Assistant coaches: Ricky Blackman, Jeff Rolf.
• Oct. 8, Clover, away
• Oct. 10, Banks Trail, home
• Oct. 15, Springfield, away
• Oct. 17, Gold Hill, home
• Oct. 21, seventh-grade Conference
• Oct. 22, eighth-grade Conference
• Oct. 24, eighth-grade Conference, Dutchman Creek
Eighth-grade coach: Emily Talarico
Seventh-grade coach: Missy Tiernan