Time Warner Cable says it has expanded the number of WiFi hot spots across the Charlotte region and now has more than 1,700 locations.
The service is available at no extra cost to Time Warner Cable customers with Standard Internet service or above, and is available on a pay-as-you-go basis for nonsubscribers.
Time Warner opened about 200 hot spots in August 2012 and has added locations in shopping areas and other popular destinations.
Among the recent additions, Time Warner says, are areas near:
• Arboretum Shopping Center
• Carolina Place Mall
• Charlotte Motor Speedway
• Cotswold Shopping Center
• East Boulevard area in Dilworth
• Freedom Village Shopping Center
• Independence Park
• Park Road Shopping Center
• Pfeiffer University in Charlotte
• Phillip O. Berry Academy
• Plaza Midwood historic district
• South End
• Time Warner Cable Arena
• UNC Charlotte