CLOVER — Clover schools have launched a mobile app, which it describes as “an all-in-one information source for parents, students, staff and community.”
Created by ParentLink, the app was developed specifically to provide direct access to the district’s most requested information.
The district said it is one of a few in South Carolina and the first in the Charlotte metro region to offer a mobile app to its students, parents and community.
“Our choice to go mobile goes directly back to our mission to improve student performance,” said Superintendent Marc Sosne. “Enabling our parents and students to connect with the district in real-time, at their own convenience, magnifies engagement. We believe this resource will help in terms of transparency and parent interaction.”
The app provides password-protected access for students and parents to see live grade and attendance information, allowing parents and students to stay up-to-date on student progress at anytime, from anywhere.
From the app, users also can set their own grade and assignment requirements, a feature that allows the parent or student to be alerted immediately through a push notification if a student’s score or grade drops below that self-selected threshold.
Other app features include:
• District and school news, allowing the user to select which feeds they want to follow
• Push notifications for the district to send out instant alerts to the user’s mobile device
• Sports scores, schedules and links to sports sites
• Calendar information, including the ability to add events to the user’s device calendar
• A tip line for users to provide suggestions, security issues and other important information
• School and district directories
• Contact information for teachers, administrators and other staff
• Links to the district’s Facebook, Twitter and YouTube sites
• Superintendent updates with the latest communications from district leaders
The Clover School District’s mobile app is free for users and available for immediate download on iPhone or iPad and Android devices.