Trudy Laub is stepping down as executive director of the Palmetto Pregnancy Center, where she has served for 27 years.
Becky Donovan will replace Laub, effective June 1.
Marty Cope, chairman of the center’s board, said Laub, “has been an influential leader and strong champion for the rights of women in crisis situations. She has dedicated herself to the ministry of helping women and their babies and has worked tirelessly to find ways to ensure that caring is put into action.”
During Laub’s tenure Palmetto Pregancy Center has grown from three rooms on Charlotte Avenue to a 16-room office and educational building on Lucas Street, as well as offices in Lake Wylie and Fort Mill. The number of clients served annually is now more than 1,500 all without any government assistance.
Donovan brings more than 16 years of experience as administrative assistant, volunteer client advocate and as the Lake Wylie and Fort Mill Branch director.
• Jennifer Maier, president and chief executive officer of WDS, Inc., an international warehousing and distribution company with corporate offices in Lake Wylie, was recently ranked No. 3 of the 50 fastest-growing women-led companies in the world by The Women Presidents’ Organization.
To qualify for the ranking, businesses had to be privately held, woman-owned or led, with annual revenue of at least $500,000. The ranking was determined by both percentage growth and absolute growth over the four-year period from 2009 to 2013. This year, the average company on the list has revenue of $99 million and employs 657.
WDS has seen revenues rise from $13.2 million in 2009 to $155.8 million in 2013.
• Will Shealy of the Two Men and A Truck franchise in Rock Hill has been honored as one of the company’s safest drivers. He ranked No. 2 out of more than 3,000 drivers. Shealy, a Fort Mill resident, has worked for the company for two years.
• Chelsea Kapp, an occupational therapist at HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Rock Hill, recently traveled to Haiti with Give Hope Global. The focus of Kapp’s team was to provide hygiene education and physicals for 270 children. The team had a medical station to provide dental examinations and create medical files for each child that included his or her photo, height, weight, shoe size and physical examination information. They were also given vitamins, protein shakes and personalized water bottles.
• The Madison Insurance Group of Rock Hill has been named one of the top 10 growth agencies for South Carolina by Auto-Owners Insurance. The Madison Insurance Group has represented Auto-Owners since 2001 and this is their second time receiving this recognition.
• Gregory S Ayers, an agent for New York Life in Rock Hill, has earned membership in the Million Dollar Round Table for 2014. Achieving membership in the million dollar round table is a life insurance career milestone, attained by those who have demonstrated consistent professional knowledge, experience and client service.
• Tommy Pope has been selected to the 2014 South Carolina Super Lawyers list for the second consecutive year. Pope is a managing partner at Elrod Pope Law Firm in Rock Hill. Super Lawyers is a Thomson Reuters business. It rates the service of lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Pope also serves in the S.C. Legislature.
THURSDAY – The York County Regional Chamber of Commerce and its Small Business Council is holding a Technology Seminar from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at The Hive Business Center, 157 E Main Street in Rock Hill. Patrick Arney, co-owner of Cool Breeze Cloud Computing, will conduct the seminar. Cost is $20 for chamber members and $40 for non-chamber members. For information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.yorkcountychamber.com to register.
MAY 14 – The Catawba Regional Job Fair is from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at The Gateway Conference Center in Richburg. For more information contact the York County SC Works Center, 803-328-3881, the Chester SC Works Center, 803-385-1006 or the Lancaster SC Works Center, 803-313-7395.